Friday, April 11, 2008

Notes to Self.

Haha, I skipped a workout today because I came back really late last night, doing a cultural show in Cyberjaya


( Note to self : Must be able to fit a cheongsam perfectly before end of this month..


What's it with the cut of the cheongsam and its partiality towards small busted women...I blame the traditional upperclass Chinese woman's figure on the lack of dairy products and lengthy matchmaking parties.
No matter what the American Association of Dairy Products say about low fat milk, milk is milk, it will make you grow bigger, I shan't use the word ' fatter' because everything can make you fat, not just milk, and it's a tad unfair to blame milk for obesity instead of the lack of self control and other environmental/lifestyle causes, and yes, back to the point, infants grow 70% bigger during the first 12 months if I'm not mistaken, feeding only on breast milk and adoring attention from devotees, sorry, I mean their devoted parents.



Look at cows ! Calfs wean only on their mothers' milk and look how much they grow within the first 3 months ! So, if you want to grow any body part bigger, take milk. Specifically, take it with papaya. I guarantee you'll get sea shells and beyond **** soon.


And as for the latter, lengthy matchmaking parties require girls to sip and sip and sip Chinese tea and ONLY Chinese tea for the whole day, while smiling demurely and trying to win attention from potential mother-in-laws. Hey, these events are very stressful okay ? Think about it, how can they not lose weight with all that stress, the reputed fat burning and slimming quali ties of Chinese tea, and a no-food diet ? How can they not be willowly slim ? And they sometimes have to show off their skills like dancing, playing the gu zheng and other Chinese musical instruments, or making tea, or worse, cooking ! Even the art of conversation - memorising poems and prose to sound intelligent but not too intelligent and racking up their heads to think of tactful but impactful compliments to the targetted mother-in-law and husband - are very the calorie-burning la.


But they should just make bigger cheongsams...who wears a size 32A these days with McD's, Margaritas, and entertaining Media who keep us glued to our couches..)


So, here I am, very happy after a carbo deluxe breakfast of cereal and bread ( smiles very very contentedly ),


surfing the web, researching on laptops and USB drives ( it's preparation for my visit to the PC fair later. Promised bossie I'd go find him something good ;) Like maybe a Thai girl...You want you want..very fair price... )


and reading The Star online too.


( I finished reading NST earlier during OC and Numb3rs already ! OC is just so the drama, even if you

miss half the show or an episode or two, it really doesn't matter, because almost every episode has someone dying, or drowning, or drinking, or doing drugs, or partying, or ranting out their rages, or getting back together with someone, or dating someone else, or having a sex life crises, or getting divorced/married/engaged. See ? You don't have to watch it anymore, I've basically told you the whole plot line. I watch Numb3rs because I'm trying to learn more about Math without actually doing it ! Besides, it's a lot more fun learning about those little obsecure facts of Math which textbooks fail to fascinate through decently realistic crime scenes and cute lead characters who have really boring but gradually getting better love lives. )


And the Star has thie lovely write up on the Amber chess tournament !!!

http://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2008/4/11/lifeliving/20856473&sec=lifeliving



Picture taken from today’s Star.

This chess tournament is really cool, you play the whole game 'blindfolded' which means you have to remember all the moves you've made since you won't be able to see the chess board physically. Gosh, I really really wanted to go for this tournament years ago when I was still a member of the Chess club at SBU...reading about it brings back hazy memories of my dad laughing at me and volunteering to teach me Chess.

Why did I stop playing ???

I am going to the PC Fair today, and I shall not look like techo-noob. I shall look and sound like a very intellectual technie or do they call them techies or teckies ? Whatever la, I'm going to read up some info on those laptops now.

BECAUSE I'M GONNA NEED ONE THERE TO KEEP ON BLOGGING AND KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF YOU AND HUMOURING/BORING YOU ALL WITH THIS BLOG.


**** It's a joke I read recently. Okay people, tell me why mermaids wear seashells ?



Because they're too big for B-shells and too small for D-shells







I got this picture from Shawn from his blog..more like stole it lol..go read it at trickflip.blogspot.!!!

No comments: