Friday, March 7, 2008

My Ideal Guy

Haha, I was reading Joanne Lee's blog - http://www.rainbowscolours.blogspot.com/ when I got an idea for this post...

Joanne's my prayer partner of 2.5 years, the person whom I go RUNNING/CRYING/SCREAMING to when I've trouble getting to God ! Despite the fact that we haven't seen each other, until like YESTERDAY for almost 2 years, I think I'm closer to her than a lot of people whom I see, talk, or smile to everyday. It's just chemistry, I suppose. But having a prayer partner ( especially one so faithful ) kept me sane throughout the SPM madness and the Gap Year Craziness.

Joanne, I dedicate this post to you. Thanks for always being there for me - the critical moments, the light hearted fun, the serious God talk, and the loving prayers.

And thanks for reminding me to stay and press onwards in the path I've chosen.


The Top Ten Characteristics of My Ideal Guy
( Voice 1001 in Stephie's head : Do we really have to do this ? Like uber embarrassing and boring and bimbo, no ?
Voice 122910 : No, no, no, we have to do this so Stephie will always be reminded and not fall for the wrong guy and get hurt and all that crappy stuff all over again ! It's a gentle reminder, now shut up and let her proceed ! )

- Perhaps to be reviewed from time to time..general guidelines, to prevent pain..like a panadol..only healthier ! ;)
- Ciplak a bit here and there la..fr a lot of people I know..but our idea of an ideal guy is basically a universal one ! Besides, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, is it not ?


  1. ( Let's call him Mr Right/Ideal/Potential Ideal ) Religious Belief and Life Principles.

Mr Right/Ideal has to share the same principles of life with me. Meaning, he has to be of the same religion, or PRO CHRISTIAN at the very least. He has to be a person who loves God and takes religion seriously

- because I don't ? well, I'm TRYING very hard to k, I just read Jeremiah - But I love God. I really do, I just don't treat him that well, like the way I treat my own father and other males in general. Maybe I should stop being so chauvinistic in my way of thinking/ perceiving God as a male. Might do wonders for my spiritual life....

Religion gives you your basic fundamental principles of life, if you don't agree on the basic things of life, how can you possibly agree on more pressing / mundane issues ? How would Mr Wrong Masqerading as Mr Right/Ideal ever stay together with me and resulting us to being a lasting couple ?

Religion also equals to love. If you're a faith-believer, you'd have a different capacity of love. I somehow believe, that people who practise their religion faithfully, sincerely, correctly, and of course peacefully make better lovers.

Some think that when a person loves his/her God so much, they don't have anymore room for the human beings. But the truth is, we're created in the image of God and our Superior Creator has an infinite capability and capacity to love. And even if you don't believe that, use your common sense - ever seen a mother who has stopped loving their children ? Or a father who doesn't delight/feel even a seed of pride in their child's accomplishments ?

And besides, I can't be with someone who lies/cheats or likes to drink and smoke the whole day or doesn't give two hoots for charity/ friends/ spending time with family. I need someone who has similar life principles..ie : Someone who also believes in the importance of family, career, ambition, passion, hard work, humility, and service to others.

*********************I'm really tired now...blog more tomorrow la..........

No comments: