Saturday, March 8, 2008

Continuation fr My Ideal Guy List

In today's news - two lesbians in Australia were sentenced to jail after they were found guilty of murdering another girl. One lesbo suspected that the girl ( their new housemate, or something like that, if my memory didn't fail me ) was flirting with her partner. So her partner decided to kill the girl to prove her love to the other. Guess what, after they murdered her, they kissed....

Did I mention that one of them drinks blood too as some sort of vampire ritual ?



This sort of sadistic news makes me very skeptical of love. If you really love someone, you'd trust them, not ask them to prove their love to you by taking another person's life, and kiss them right after the murder as a 'sick' reward ! Urgh...a depressing note to a positive post..



But let us remain positive and see whether I can come up with another 9 characteristics of my Ideal / Mr Right.



The Top 9 Characteristics of My Ideal Guy
Actually, to admit the truth, I already kinda have an ideal guy, whom I'm waiting for. But then again, he's just IDEAL, in my humble opinion. Mr Ideal may not be Mr Right. I don't want to impose too tight a criteria and campak Mr Right because he doesn't match ' this and this and that'. But I do have some ideas of people who are compatible with me and whom I can get along pretty well with. So this list is really..more like..a list of the common factors of guys whom I've fallen for share.
I've a long way to go, so maybe, I'll have to update this from time to time, but I think the general rules will persevere ! ;)

1. A man.

I cannot, cannot , cannot take orders from people easily. And I don't listen to just anyone, I don't even listen to my parents sometimes ! - the best example would be my career choice, which I fought for almost 2 years. Haha, I'm a real stubborn bitch at times.

Which is why I say, I need a MAN. A REAL man. A kind of guy who's mature, decisive, trustworthy, honest, someone who has a sense of purpose and direction and ambition in life, someone whom I can respect and admire, who'd always intuitively knows the right thing to do and doesn't need someone to mollycuddle/make all decisions 24/7.

I cannot, cannot, cannot stand wishy washy guys. The kind of guys who are always going " Should we do this ? Or that ? Aiya I don't know la, you choose " , who don't know what to do with themselves, what to do in life, how to make people happy, how to be discerning in judging people/making decisions/ taking action/ socializing, who lack confidence, and who aren't capable of taking care of others or being a good leader. Aduhai, I just can't.

Maybe what I'm talking about is society's image of a 'macho' guy. But a 'macho' guy doesn't necessarily have to be a guy who LOOKS tough and brave and capable and has all the 6 pack, triceps, biceps, whatever you want to call it. I mean, yea, they do look protective, to a certain extent ( I'd very much like to have them around when I meet a burglar ) but the maturity of mind and character is also very important.

I need a man who has a sense of integrity, a sound knowledge of right and wrong, and a great belief in himself and the good of mankind ( meaning, a person who still believes and sees the best in people, not the ones who pinpoint a person's fault and laugh at their misfortune ). A man who strives to be the best in what he loves to do, a man who has passion (for something else apart from sex! duh..) , a man who makes the best of what he has, and uses it to make it even better, a man who thrives in whatever environment, circumstance, country, and climate ! ( haha, the last one was actually intended just for rhyme, but somehow, it does ring true, I'd want a guy who can succeed in a harsh, biased, political climate, or deserts, snow, and storm ! )

To me, maturity is achieved when a person can take care of others as well as themselves, which is why my guy has to be a MAN, one who is capable of handling someone as volatile, impulsive, at times indecisive and unpredictable, and deceivingly innocent-looking but very stubborn person like me.

2. .............

You know what, these two requirements are the only ones I have for my Ideal Guy/ Mr Right.

I'm not asking for a good-looking guy, or making it mandatory for him to have a 6 figure monthly salary and to give me 3 holidays abroad a year. I'm not even asking for him to a faithful boyfriend/lover/husband/virgin even. I honestly believe in good, strong, foundations and to me, if he matches the 2 most important requirements I'm looking for, the rest of all that " must be loyal to me, love me as who I am 100% and my family and my cat and have a nice car and big house " crap will come too, naturally and eventually.

Haha, so to conclude, ( actually, I have really low standards right ? So..how come I'm still single ??? Aiya, God, faster bring him to come see me la! )

My Ideal Guy/Mr Right has to have the similar life principles as yours truly, has to share the same faith in the One True God, and has to be a man.

Tada. Only 3 requirements ( technically 2, because people of the same religion should share similar life principles, but then again that has not been statiscally proven so well.. )

Can I ever find one ?

*** I think I have ***


2 comments:

hjx said...

Might be an old saying, still I'm gonna say - Never let go, if you find this ideal guy. He might turn out to be a Mr Wrong, but you shouldn't regret later for not letting go.

But actually, I believe you won't. :)
(Just a small reminder, as well. :))

hjx said...

Don't approve this one - I think I made a mistake in my last post lol. "You should not regret later for letting him go." If you can kindly change that for me? :P